到美国出差的张先生
You are lucky!你真走运!
This is too much !太多了!
Why don’t you come and see us?你为什么不来 ?
Would you like to refresh yourself?要不要上厕所?
Would you attend the seminar?你可以来参加研讨会吗?
I’m sorry.我很遗憾
Yes 好?
We are not allowed to accept gifts。我们不能收受礼物。
Yes,we do!是的,我们会!
It’s hard to say.这很难说。
I will be out of town.我将不在这里。
Do you have a Ph.D.?你是博士吗?
Yeah,right! 不要开玩笑了!
第2章在办公室遭误解的王小姐
Yes,yes. 是,是……
Clearly I did not tell them.很明显地我就是没有告诉他们!
We challenge change!我们反对变化!
I am in charge of it.我负责这件事。
They report to me.他们是我的部下
Oh,no.That’s not true.幄!不,没这回事。
You had better get it done.你最好把事情做完。
You are lying. 你说谎。
You are useless!你真没用!
You are welcome.不客气。
第3章在办公室会错意的李先生
She was naive.她经验不足。
I would. 要是我的话会这么做。
I could. 有必要的话我会。
I could!让我来!
Thanks to you!拜你所赐!
Good for you!真服了你!
I’d love to,but…我很乐意,但是……
He is a winner.没用的家伙。
Oh,sure!怎么可能!
I ean’t wait!(1)我真是迫不及待!
I ean’t wait!(2)我等不及了!
You might wan to tell him that.你应该告诉他。
You might say that. 是啊。
That’s a good question.这叫我如何回答。
What a fire drill!手忙脚乱!
Easy!放轻松!
His boss dressed him down.他被上司痛斥一顿。
He is insecure.他感到不安。
Welcome to the club!同病相怜。
You shouldn’t have done that.(1)你不该那么做的。
You shouldn’t have done that!(2)不好意思让你费心了!
Of course,we do!没这回事!
第4章午餐时间
He is being retired.他被迫退休。
I wash my body.洗尸体?
Virgin road 红地毯?
We are intimate.我们是密友
What kind of name is that?那是什么样的名字?
What is your middle name?中间的名字是?
She is expecting.她怀孕了。
She can dish.说坏话
I feel sick.我想吐。
Drop by.顺道来访。
I’m only going skiing.我只去滑雪。
Whatever you say.悉听尊便!/你尽管说吧!
I have reservations.我有预约了。
You are a real politician.八面玲珑
第5章在工厂的林先生
That’s not good.很糟糕!
Work harder !认真一点。
Transparent透明的;显而易见的
It may make it worse.可能会更糟
He is a practical joker.他是会恶作剧的人。
Oh,really!真的吗?
Why don’t you turn it on?你为什么不开?
I want you to do it.我要你做这件事。
I will teach you.我会指导你?
I will teach him a lesson.给他个教训。
Who did it?谁干的好事?
Anyone can do that.每个人都做得到。
No excuses!不要找借口!
I think.是这样吧。
第6章客户与陈先生
We have evaluated your proposal.我们评估过你的企划书。
Why don’t you concede? 你为什么不认输?
Our views are parallel. 我们想法相近。
I will make myself available.我会挪出时间。
I am being canned.我被免职了。
I couldn’t possibly accept this!我承受不起。
第7章下班后
You are a heavy drinker.你是个酒鬼。
He is infamous.他声名狼藉。
He is an indifferent pianist.他是个平凡的钢琴家。
I am ashamed. 我觉得很羞耻。
I played tennis once.我只打过一次网球。
All of my friends cannot…大家都不能?
I would,but... 不好意思,很抱歉。
He should have called you.他应该要打个电话给你。
I wouldn’t have done that.要是我就不会这么做。
Should you go to Boston… 如果你到波士顿……
I am available.我想要约会!
A shot in the arm 助他一臂之力。
It’s his election to lose. 笃定当选
He’s calling it a career.下台一鞠躬
He’s history. 他是昨日黄花
He has drive. 冲劲十足
He is loaded. 他喝多了。
Lucky you! 真倒霉!
第8章禁忌或没礼貌的词句
Are you a secretary?你是秘书吗?
I like blonde women!我喜欢金发女郎!
Because you are a woman.因为你是女人。
A middle-aged woman. 中年妇女
You should take a rest.您年纪大了,要多保重。
My dog is as smart as you are!我的狗和你一样聪明!?
An African-American 非裔美国人
Physically challenged 身体不便
Darn!该死!
Shit!/Excuse yourself!很没礼貌!
Oh,sugar!砂糖!?
Index
· · · · · · (
收起)